We provide advice in respect of all types of deputyship application and also act as professional deputy in complex cases or where there is nobody else suitable to act. In the cases where we are appointed as professional deputy our philosophy is to ensure that the following statutory principles are applied:
- The assumption of capacity and avoiding inferences based upon a diagnosis or any difficulties that a person may encounter.
- Providing support where appropriate in order to assist individual decision making.
- Avoiding judgments based upon whether a decision is considered wise or unwise and ensuring that the individual should always be at the centre of the decision.
- The application of best interests in all decisions made on behalf of someone who lacks capacity.
- Careful consideration of whether the purpose of an act or decision can be achieved in a way which is less restrictive upon a person’s individual rights and freedoms.
“I am very happy with the professional service provided by Tom Young and I massively appreciate it. He is a very professional solicitor who is keen to assist the client and provide a competitive price for deputyship services”.
When working with vulnerable clients it is imperative that their needs and interests are central to decision making. However, it is also important that where possible the degree of restriction and bureaucracy in the decision making processes is limited. When acting as a Professional Deputy, we strive to ensure that these principles are adhered to so that our client’s best interests are looked after with minimal delay caused to their everyday life.
For further information or support regarding appointing Price Slater Gawne as a Deputy, please make an enquiry here or via our livechat service. Alternatively contact Tom Young or Jade Price on 0161 615 5554 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org