Position: Court of Protection Administrator
Location: Altrincham, Cheshire
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Practice Area: Court of Protection
Sector: Private Practice
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: January 2020
Price Slater Gawne Solicitors are a forward thinking, ambitious firm with a wealth of experience across our specialist practice areas.
The firm was originally established as a claimant clinical negligence firm and has undergone significant growth over the last 9 years. The firm and individual solicitors within the practice have been recognised in Chambers and Partners for Clinical Negligence. We are also a member of the Law Society Panels for Clinical Negligence and Family Law.
Practice areas include:
Court of Protection
We are seeking a Court of Protection Administrator to provide support to our Court of Protection Solicitor. This role will involve communicating directly with clients to assist with the day to day running of the department and resolution of client enquiries
This role includes, but is not limited to –
- Sending correspondence and liaison with external agencies
- Phone calls and email correspondence to provide/request information and updates with third parties such as the SCCO
- Logging payment requests for authorisation
- Review of account/ledger and income and expenditure on files
- Phone calls with clients, family members, case managers, etc to provide information
- Sourcing quotes and arranging insurance renewals
- Assisting with the management of mobile phone accounts (and other similar accounts)
- Completing property inventories and meeting with agents at properties.
- Obtaining property details from the Land Registry
- Completing regular and periodic file reviews
This is a unique and varied role, ideal for someone looking to broaden their experience and skill set.
The successful candidate will be working in a small team and reporting to the Head of Court of Protection. Ongoing training and support will be provided where necessary.
Skills / Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Strong organisation skills
- Legal / Benefits / Support experience (Preferable but not essential)
- Strong IT skills
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to clients and business
How to Apply
In order to apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to by email to Kim Carmyllie at Kim.Carmyllie@psg-law.co.uk by 5pm on 8th November 2019.
For further information on any of our current vacancies, please contact Kim.Carmyllie@psg-law.co.uk