While thousands of people benefit from successful orthopaedic procedures each year, mistakes do happen. Unfortunately, the very nature of orthopaedic surgery means that should a mistake happen to you, the impact on your mobility and lifestyle can be significant
Helping to secure the compensation you deserve, at Price Slater Gawne we have helped our clients in a wide variety of instances following mistakes in orthopaedic surgery.
Typical claims include:
- Where the bone has set in wrong position (Malunion)
- Where the bone has failed to heal (Non-union)
- Where the bone tissue is dying (Avascular necrosis)
- Where infection has caused failure of hip or knee replacements
- Where permanent plating or internal metalwork is carried out incorrectly, or unnecessary work is required
- Where the joints have fused together (Arthrodesis)
- Where surgery has caused nerve or spinal injuries
- Where limbs have been amputated unnecessarily
- Where mistakes in reconstructive surgery and implants have been made
- Where surgery has caused damage to circulation
- Where a misdiagnosis or a delay in diagnosis has led to the worsening of symptoms or incorrect treatment.
If you or a family member’s lifestyle or mobility has suffered due to orthopaedic negligence, we’ll work tirelessly to secure the compensation you need to ensure the necessary corrective surgery, rehabilitation and physiotherapy. In addition, where appropriate, we’ll also seek to obtain compensation to cover any loss of earnings.
If you believe you have an orthopaedic negligence claim, please contact our medical negligence lawyers for a no-obligation chat.