The vast majority of patients seen by a general practitioner (GP) will have minor ailments. However, one of the most important skills a GP can have, is the ability to identify which patients might have more serious conditions.
With any delay in diagnosis or treatment reducing the likelihood of a full recovery, if you believed your GP failed to identify symptoms that have since developed into a serious condition, you might be entitled to compensation.
At Price Slater Gawne, we have significant experience assisting people who have suffered as a result of medical negligence by GPs.
Typical instances where GPs have provided care that falls below the acceptable standard include:
- Overlooking headaches associated with neurological symptoms that should cause concern
- Failure to respond to symptoms, including where there has been no improvement in symptoms after a suitable period
- Prescribing powerful medication without adequate assessment or follow up
- Failing to identify lumps on examination resulting in cancer being missed
- Not prescribing the correct medications
- Prescribing medication that a patient is allergic to or should not be taking due to other health concerns
- Failure to spot a deterioration in a psychiatric patient.
At Price Slater Gawne, we can help secure the compensation you need to pay for treatment and replace lost earnings – helping you to put your life back together.
If you believe your GP has failed to identify or react to a serious condition, contact us today for a no-obligation chat to find out how we can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.